Effective Date: April 6 2018
This privacy statement applies to trinityvacations.com owned and operated by Artisan Inn. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website: trinityvacations.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We may amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information that we collect when you fill out a reservation form include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
- Information regarding allergies
- Information regarding how you found our business
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why and when do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: we use your personal information to complete and administer your online reservation and to send you a confirmation email, a pre-arrival email and provide you with information about the area and our accommodation. All the information we required is necessary for us to determine if our establishment can meet your needs.
- Customer service: we use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest reviews: we may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to choose the accommodation that suits them best.
- Marketing activities: If you have selected yes to “I want to learn more about packages, discounts and events” on the reservation form your provided information will be used for email marketing of the inn.
- Other communications: there may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone, by texting or whatsapping you or depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- We may require additional information for a reservation that you have not provided on the form in order to fulfill the reservation request.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website.
- Comply with regulatory and legal obligations: we may use your personal information to comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
- Fraud detection and prevention: we may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with third parties as set out below.
- Third-party service providers: We may use service providers to process your personal information strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose. Our website integrates Checkfront for all reservations and Stripe for online payments. For payments made via telephone, email or other correspondence we may share your payment information with Chase payments or Stripe.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
- We may use some of the data collected to create stats that reflect the health and growth of our industry. For such purposes personal identities and payment information would not be disclosed with other parties.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
How we retain this information: Information provided to us is stored on Checkfront. A copy of your file is also printed as a hard copy backup and stored in our office. Credit Card information is stored in Stripe which does not allow us or our staff to see the full credit card details once it has been entered. Credit card information phoned in or emailed in is recorded on paper and the processed in accordance with the invoice provided. The paper copy is then destroyed.
What to do if you do not want us to retain your personal information.
At any time you may request that we remove all personal information from our online and hard copy files. To do this, you may contact us by email or telephone. Removing your information may prevent us from fulfilling the service you have requested. For example, if you request that we remove all your personal information before your check-out date, we will have to cancel your reservation without refund. If the request is made after your check out date, we will remove any information that could connect you with the data. Ex we may retain the information that someone from Canada with a gluten allergy stayed with us, however, the home address, phone number, name and any financial details would be removed from our system.
Requesting to see what information about you our business has on file.
You have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly request you to please write “Request personal information” in the subject line of your email.
We ask you to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If the personal information we have about you is incorrect, out-of-date or not relevant anymore for the purposes collected, we will update or remove it at your request. We kindly request you to contact email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example, for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
What is a cookie?
We try to give you an advanced and user-friendly website in accordance with your needs and wishes. To achieve this, our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website efficiently and effectively.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how you use the website, to find out what works and what doesn’t, to optimize and improve our website, and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which webpages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of times you click on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity and the text they type while using our website. These analytic cookies may collect personal information.
How long do our cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans, depending the purpose for which the cookie is used. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want.
Do we use third-party cookies?
Yes, we use the services of third-party providers for analytical purposes, for example by Google Analytics. These analytical tracking technologies include: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts. The tracked information is used within Artisan Inn in the marketing automation, customer relationship management, and business intelligence systems. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by Google Analytics on an individual as well as aggregated basis. The providers we use are committed to establishing responsible business and data-management practices and standards.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. You can go to the “Help” function in their browser to locate the settings they need.
What security procedures do we have in place to safeguard your personal information?
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard any personal information given to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work. Credit Card information collected through our online booking system is stored by Stripe. Please visit Stripe.com to learn more about how Stripe protects your credit card information.
How is your personal information shared with third parties?
Checkfront: We work with Checkfront (www.chekcfront.com) to offer you our online reservation services. While we provide the content to this website and you make a reservation directly with us, the reservations are processed through Checkfront.com. The information you enter into this website will therefore also be shared with Checkfront.com. This may include personal information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests traveling with you, allergies, and any preferences you specified when making a booking. To find out more about Checkfront, visit checkfront.com
Data Transparency – A Message from Checkfront
Stripe: Stripe is a Checkfront compatible payment processing system which we have chosen to use for collecting payments from online reservations. Please visit Stripe’s website for details on how they handle the privacy of details collected during the booking process. https://stripe.com/ca/privacy
Additional Information regarding credit card information
Stripe offers a unique feature of creating a customer token when a customer provides credit card details during a reservation. The token allows Artisan Inn administration to process an additional charge to the card that may be necessary to complete a reservation. This is done through the Stripe program and at no point does Artisan Inn staff see the credit card details that were provided during the booking process. Guests will always be informed prior to an additional charge being made. This may happen by phone call, email or it may be outlined in the booking policy that a user must read and accept before proceeding to check-out. A guest may respond to declined the charge, however, this may prevent the Artisan Inn from completing the reservation. An invoice will always be provided for any charges made to your credit card. Examples of additional charges being required include, but are not limited to: When a group is large enough to require a damage deposit isrequired, when a booking is long enough that the standard deposit policy implemented by Checkfront is not sufficient.
Artisan Inn at 57 High Street, Trinity, Trinity Bay
If you have any suggestions, requests or comments about privacy, personal information, cookies and how we handle personal information, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.